Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ugly Sweater Party/Ashley's Wedding

Before I feel justified in posting about the cruise, I must first blog about the Ugly Sweater Party we threw and my best friend's wedding.

Ugly Sweater Party: we had LOTS of yummy food and played some very fun games. I think we all laughed so hard we cried or snorted or both. It was SO fun to do stuff with other couples in our area. It was the first party we've hosted and I think I sense an annual tradition. Plus a lot more fun in store with all the people who came. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and loved making more friends. Yay!

Played a game called "warewolves" - like Mafia but better
Laura skinned a Sesame Street animal to make hers. And Amy's blinded you it was so sparkly with sequins and her necklaces. Kristin... love it.
Our official Badger Christmas Card picture. :) Maybe next year we'll do real pictures that are less cheesy. And hopefully we'll send out a lot more. It was our first and trial year, so we didn't send very many.

Best friend's wedding: My best friend of 20+ years got married!! I can honestly say that she was the MOST beautiful, happiest bride I have ever seen. Her dress was GORGEOUS, her husband overjoyed, and everything all day went off without a hitch. WONDERFUL DAY. I was beaming like a proud parent all day and am SO thrilled for Ashley and Brian.

Highlights of the weekend: getting nails done with all the bridesmaids, eating Cafe Rio (SUCH a treat), wedding day breakfast of chicken biscuits from CFA and toaster struedles (sp?), and of course all the wedding day magic. *sigh* I love LOVE!

Ashley's excited face when she woke up :)

Eating our YUMMY breakfast. And yes, all 6 of us slept in one hotel room (thank you dear inventor of roller beds)

Eating lunch before the temple with my other two best friends (all from PTC, GA). We've all been bridesmaids for each other and I LOVE them! We're the 4 Muskateers.

So many people love Ashley and flew in for the wedding :)
Yeah, we're cool and we know it.

Back view of Ashley's AMAZING dress. Sorry, didn't get one from the front.

Amy + Tanner = crazy dancing fun. Love that family

Congrats Ash!!!! Love you SO much and can't wait to go on couples cruises and to Disney with you!!!

*Marriage = LAST GREAT HOPE*
;)

2 comments:

Megan said...

Erin, what a fun surprise to see you at the temple that day! My sister was getting married, so it was crazy busy that day and leading up to it. You looked so great! Where did you get those bridesmaid dresses? They were gorgeous! We definitely need to catch up soon!

Wenni Donna said...

Oh wow!! Ugly Sweater Party/Ashley's Wedding, everything seems spectacular here. I loved taking a look at these photos. We also had the Christmas day wedding that was held at one of the prettiest wedding venue NYC. There was so much Xmas related stuff in almost every pre wedding event.