Thursday, December 9, 2010

We may have overdone it...

Every year the SMHS choral department has a candlelight processional Christmas concert combined with a silent auction. The money earned goes towards choral student scholarships (of which both my sister and I partook).
Being adults who actually have money, last year I thought it would be fun to buy something. There were some GREAT decorations and it was our first Christmas and I was so excited. Well, wouldn't you know but everything I bid on was something that this lady Jana also wanted. She was such an animal! I'd outbid her, she'd outbid me. I think she was hiding in my shadows! Much to my disappointment, she beat me on EVERYTHING and we walked away empty handed :(

This year, I was going to get SOMETHING. I don't like losing, especially not when cute Christmas stuff is on the line. So this year, Justin and I spread ourselves out and did two things: 1- we outbid others by only $1 (ex: if the last bid was $20, we bid $21), and 2- we bid on a few more things than last year. We figured that combining these two would result in our spending as little money as possible but actually walking away with something.

Wouldn't you know it, but we won EVERYTHING we bid for. Even though there was a full 10 minutes more of bidding left when we wrote our names down. And, of course, it ALL had to do with food. Needless to say, lots of comments that night and at school the next day.

The bounty: mini-Christmas tree (not edible), Snowman cookie jar (I OUTBID JANA THIS YEAR for this one, but kind of accidentally - I was only trying to drive up the price b/c I knew she would get it b/c she's so hard core. oops), Fondue Fun Basket, Cookie Basket (BEST COOKIES EVER), Fudge Brownies, Dining In and Dining Out Basket, and a cake. We gave the cake to one of my student's younger siblings. But here's our loot:

1 comment:

Molly said...

Lol! Being a competitive person myself I totally understand. At least you didn't bid on something horrible or ugly just to get at that Jana woman and then got stuck with it!

Looks like the Christmas baking is covered, too. ;)