Thursday, January 19, 2012

Halfway there!

Happy 20 weeks to us! This was a fun week for us and I wanted to share along the way instead of playing catch-up in 3 months time :) And this update is complete with a picture!


Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along? 20 weeks

Weight Gain: 10 pounds* - adjusted after Friday's doctor's visit (including ONLY 4 pounds over Christmas/New Year's!! My mom's jaw dropped when I told her and she said "but I saw how much you ate!" - yay!!!)

Maternity Clothes: Yes, especially pants!!!! (Shirts and skirts are still too big)

Gender: Boy :)

Movement: Finally started this week!! I was sitting in Sunday School and felt a rumbly in my tumbly that I knew was NOT gas and it was really cool. Since then I've felt baby boy some every day. He's even been felt by Justin, my mom, and Aunt Claire. This is the coolest thing ever and brings a smile to my face every time. I want to shout at my classes "HEY! My baby is moving!" every time he moves or kicks during class but think they'd get tired of that pretty quick...

Sleep: Sleep is still okay as long as I don't get too hot... Thank goodness for fans and a husband who likes them as much as I do. Trying to stop sleeping on my back - is it really that bad for me/baby? :(

Symptoms: None really, just an amazingly working nose!

What I miss: being less emotional? Tears come far too easy over everything.

Cravings: Not as much lately, but for a while there I loved citrus (grapefruit and cuties = heaven) and good ol' hamburgers. Salty things are yummy too. I have not enjoyed sweets as much - they just don't sound appetizing.

Best moment this week: Feeling baby move!

What I am looking forward to: Official 20-week ultrasound tomorrow followed by doctor's appointment. Really excited to see baby again and compare his growth to a month ago. Excited to have the day off with Justin and to do baby stuff!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

So exciting that you can feel him!Next time you'll know what to look for and you'll feel the baby way earlier! I felt my girls at 16 weeks, and am looking everyday for this one! From what I know you can sleep however you want, but I doubt you'll be comfortable on your back!

Unknown said...

My doctor said I could sleep on my back for as long as I wanted to, and to ignore all the stupid pregnancy books. Problem is, now Baby Girl has an opinion and she HATES it when I lay on my back. So unless I want to get kicked all night, I am resigned to sleeping on my left side. My advice is to stay on your back as long as possible! :)