Sunday, January 8, 2012

Oct and Nov 2011

Yep, it's UPDATE TIME! Fingers crossed that 2012 is the year when updates are shorter and more frequent...

Well, October started off AWESOMELY! After trying for a few short months, on 10/3 I peed on a stick and it said "pregnant"! I was a little bit shocked and didn't know what to do, so I woke Justin up and said "I think I'm pregnant" - which woke him up immediately.


As if it would somehow change over the course of the day, I wanted to double check with the remaining supply of at-home tests. Out of the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses, right?!?

For dinner that night, Justin made an amazing "baby" dinner. Baby back ribs, baby carrots, baby red potatos, and we had the baby Simply Lemonades to drink. SO FUN! (And totally his idea).

We went to an improv show with a big group of friends mid-October, including some of the guys from Whose Line Is It Anyway. I don't know the last time I laughed so much. Lots of fun. AWESOME people!

For Thanksgiving this year Justin and I did our own thing and went on a Babymoon Cruise! We were able to find one over the exact amount of time Justin was able to get off work and LOVED it! We were so excited to get on the boat!

Justin loves to wear "old man" outfits to dinner. Thankfully he only took one this time.

Yes, those are our feet. That is the ocean. This is my happy place :)
*sidenote: while we were in the Bahamas, Justin was offered weed by the locals at least 3 times. He wondered what he needed to change about his appearance that would make him look like less of a weed smoker. Suggestions are welcome - haha.


The Promenade had these BEAUTIFUL lights that just hung from the ceiling. They changed colors and were so gorgeous to look at.

We were in Nassau for almost 24 hours, so after everyone had left the boat, we played some put-put after breakfast before hitting the beach. We had a lot of fun (Justin schooled me both times), and this shot I hit the ball really hard, it bounced 79 times down the L-shaped thing and came BACK to exactly where you see it. I am a-ma-zing.

Justin did the same thing, except it wasn't quite as funny b/c it didn't go through the whole entire thing. I think he just bounced it off a rock and straight back. Still, it was funny to laugh right back at him!

The beach in Naussau was WINDY that day!

Yes, that's my Baywatch husband, walking toward ME in the sand. So glad he's mine! :)

Justin took the towel-making class our last day and brought back the towels to show me his new friends. This was my favorite, and I made them pose together.

Then I went on the waterslide, which was COLD by the time the sun was so low. And yet fun. Who ever gets tired of waterslides? (And don't worry, this pregnant lady was very careful and went so slowly that I didn't even glide into the water at the end, it was less of an impact than walking down pool stairs - SO slow)

Our darling wait staff. We heart them, especially for not judging us by the amount that we consumed.

Yay for cruises! Not sure when we'll be able to go again, but we hope it's not too far in the future!

No comments: