Sunday, October 26, 2008

Getting engaged according to him

So if you are reading this I am assuming it is because you didn't want to read Erin's novel, I don't blame you but for all you hopeless romantics her version is incredibly specific so if I don't give enough details refer to hers.

So all the information about me surprising her is right. I went down on Thursday instead of Friday to surprise her. I stopped by Sierra West(great place to by a ring p.s.)and picked up the ring. I wasn't sure if I was going to propose Thursday or Friday but I thought I would have it just in case. Since I didn't know when or where I would propose I put the ring in its box in my inner jacket pocket and went to surprise Erin. I went to her office because I thought she was there because she is the slowest texter EVER. She wasn't so I called and went to her house and she was on her way to the store and I suggested we go talk first since we hadn't seen each other in two weeks. We went to Kawanas Park which is where we always go to talk and I first told her I love her and all that sappy stuff.

I wanted to get her in a sappy mood and so I casually brought it up. While we were talking I decided I would ask her but wasn't sure how exactly to get the ring which was in my jacket pocket in my trunk. So I suggested we sit in the grass and talk for a bit, but right as I was about to open my trunk to get my jacket and a blanket I realized the bag with the jeweler's name on it was on my blanket so at the last minute I had to think of what I could tell her I had that she couldn't see so I told her I got us something for Halloween, she said, "did you get us costumes?" and taking the easy out I said, "um...maybe" I told her to close her eyes and put out her hands, but knowing that she would peek I had her turn around, so I got out the ring and got on one knee. When she turned back around her jaw dropped and she said, "shut up!" If I had my wits about me and wasn't so nervous I would have said OK and shut the box but of course I was too nervous. So I between getting choked up and being nervous I tried to say some cute sappy things and proposed and she said yes so then we just hugged and kissed and cried a bit. It was a very fun and exciting weekend.