Sunday, October 26, 2008

How we met according to him

I was student teaching seminary and Erin was student teaching math both at Lone Peak High School. For a couple of weeks one student named Dayton Killian had been bugging me that he should date his math teacher because I was single and and she was single and I was a student teacher and she was a student teacher. One fateful day I was in the faculty room doing his role when the secretary came in a told me there was someone out in the hall for me. When I walked out there was Dayton standing next to a cute girl and grinning ear to ear. I walked up and he said, "Brother Badger, this is Miss Houghtaling. Miss Houghtaling this is Brother Badger. I have to go to lunch." To add to the awkwardness the other student teacher at the seminary knew Erin from EFY walked by and said, "She is cool, you are cool just get her number and go." As we started talking we found out that we literally lived across the street from each other and I knew her cousin, who was her roommate at the time, and she knew my roommate. I figured I couldn't escape her even if I wanted, which I didn't, but I got her number and the rest as they say is history I guess.

No comments: