Saturday, April 24, 2010

Distance makes the heart grow fonder

Or is it stronger?

Not sure, and not really sure how I feel about that phrase. Justin's brother Ryan graduated from BYU this week. Yay! So Justin went out to celebrate and support. He left early Wednesday morning, and is currently in the air on his way back to me. Having him gone for a grand total of 96 hours has not been the most fun I've ever had. Luckily I have a full time job and have had lots of extra stuff going on this week after school, so I haven't even gotten home until between 8- 10:30 each night. You'd think that you'd be tired after such long days.

Unfortunately, I can't sleep :( The best part of every day hasn't been there, and I think I just felt restless without my favorite friend. So I decided to do a shout-out blog to my dearest, darlingest sweetheart.

I know a lot of you may know Justin. Let me tell you, if you ever thought he was a great guy, if you ever thought he was a hard worker, if you ever thought he was a fun friend, uplifting, charismatic, talented, etc... I can assure you that he's all those things and more.

A lot of people say the first year of marriage is very eye-opening and even a difficult adjustment. Let me say that it's been eye-opening, but an absolute pleasure! I've realized that Justin is not only as good and wonderful as I expected he would be, but he's been so much more. He's a very kind, caring, compassionate husband. He's so thoughtful and patient and works so hard to do sweet things for me on a daily basis. He constantly surprises me with sweet things and takes time to do little things like pack my lunch, do the dishes, take out the trash, move the laundry through, or just text me to say he loves me.

We've talked a lot about how fun marriage is. Sometimes it feels like we're playing house, sometimes it feels like a dream, sometimes we're the best of friends hanging out or playing games or watching tv, sometimes we're an old couple just snuggling or holding hands, sometimes we feel like parents who get excited when their kids (our plants) start sprouting or blooming or who feel sad when other plants seem to struggle with their growth, sometimes he's my late-night talker or my problem solver, sometimes he's my therapist, sometimes my cheuffer, sometimes Justin's the best chef I've ever had, my housekeeper, my garbage disposal, my cheerleader, my leading man, my partner in crime, my comforter, my dream maker, my comic, my muse, my handy-man, my gardener, my competition in Settlers or Backgammon, my inspiration to be kinder, my mail man, my carpenter, my shoulder to cry on or the one who picks me up when I'm down.

i LOVE being married to this man. I absolutely think I get to be touched by an angel every single day. I'm so grateful that we belong to a church that teaches that we will be able to be husband and wife literally for forever. What an absolute blessing.

I'm sorry to be so sappy. It wasn't until I realized Justin's coming home that I realized how much I've missed him :(

I like to say that sappiness is happiness.

Clearly, I'm a happy girl!!! :)

2 comments:

Justin D. Badger said...

Wow. Don't I have the most amazing wife ever? I don't know what to say except, I love you Erin!

-Justin

Laura said...

I think both of you are lucky - lucky in love :) Justin can you name that musical?