Sunday, May 9, 2010

Just...a little... farther...

There are technically 15 more days of school left and I think I'm more excited than my students. We took our EOCTs the last week of April, which means the last 4 weeks of school consist of review/preview for next year. We're all stir crazy and I wish we could just say "well, we've taught you everything the state said we had to, have a great summer. Peace."

Unfortunately we'd probably not have jobs anymore if we did that :( At least there are exciting things every week/weekend to look forward to and help count down the days!

Upcoming excitements:
This week: Thursday is yearbook day, which means the schedule is weird and there's one less period to teach. Friday is Career Day, which means NO MATH CLASSES! This weekend is busy: Sat I have an all-day volleyball coaching clinic at Emory, afterwards is a student's eagle court of honor. Sunday our darling friend Allison is getting baptized.

Next week: Seniors' last day is Wednesday. I don't teach senior classes, but it makes the rest of us excited. Saturday is Amy's college friends' bridal shower, hosted by me. Way excited to use a lot of the funner serving stuff we got for our wedding.

Week after that: Tuesday is the last day I see my students as they all get to exempt EOCT classes' exams. Thursday is MY last day of school b/c I'll be going down to Orlando for AMY AND LORRIN'S WEDDING! Friday is hanging out/rehearsal dinner etc... Saturday is the big shebang. We drive back Sunday.

Monday is Memorial Day. Post-planning is Tues/Wed June 1/2. Volleyball open gym is Tues - Thurs.

The next week is Open Gym Mon - Thurs.

Next week: girl trip to Utah. Cousin Shannon's wedding is that Friday the 18th. Then back to Georgia.

Rest of the summer: rest, relax, poolify so I can get tan for the first time in a few years. Justin's birthday is July 2nd. Going to a Braves' game that day - you're all invited to join! It's a Friday night Fireworks game. Then Saturday we'll do our romantic birthday dinner going out for Sushi. Yum!

Luckily we have flight benefits. Poor Justin works 6 days a week, but I'm happy to come visit people who need visiting! We'd also love to let our guest bedroom get some use, so if you wanna come visit GA we promise you'll have a great time!

No comments: